Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Lace, Scones, and Early Mornings: Three Good Things

It's been a while, but I've accumulated three good things:

1. I finished the Lace Ribbon Scarf from Knitty. I knit this one for a friend, but I'm so pleased with how it turned out that I can't wait to make one for myself. I think I'll make mine in mint green.



This is the first real lace project I've done, and I may be addicted. There is something so gratifying about blocking lace. One minute all you have is an uninspiring lump of wool , but after a quick soak in the tub and laying it out overnight, you awake to a scarf you'd be proud to wear. It's the knitting equivalent of Christmas morning!



2. I had a wonderful and decadent afternoon with my dear Mom today. We met for high tea as a special treat, and it really was. We indulged in all kinds of delicious pastries and mini-sandwiches, while enjoying each others' company in the comfort of velvet chairs. I don't think this is the kind of thing that you can do every day, but I certainly wouldn't complain if I had to.



3. I've fallen in love with running in the morning. I never thought this would happen, even in the summer, but somehow it has. My favourite part is that I never have to worry about fitting in my run (something I used to spend a bit too much time thinking about). I really hope to keep this up, even when it gets darker out in the mornings.

No comments:

Post a Comment