Sunday, December 6, 2009

Base Training: Week 1 Recap

Distance: 10 miles

Highlights: On Thursday I did my four miles in the rain. I actually really love running in the rain (within reason of course). During this run I was reminded of a nice thing that happened recently. I was in Boston for a conference and my roommate and I really wanted to run along the river at least once while we were there. The one morning we woke up to run, it was pouring. We decided to go out anyway. On the way back to our hotel, a passing car honked at us and the driver gave us a thumbs up. This little gesture actually made my day.

I don't drive often, but if I ever happen to be driving in the rain and see a runner, I'm going to do this. Sometimes a little "good for you" from a complete stranger is all the encouragement I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment